Supastarr (Tactic Remix)
DJ Blaqstarr

Monday, May 14, 2007

Artist of the Week: Imogen Heap


Artist of the Week
IMOGEN HEAP

It's time to shine the spotlight on someone that I think everyone should know about. Imogen Heap. And i'll tell you why. A unique sound, a haunting, yet beautiful voice and lyrics that melt, intoxicate and soothe the soul all at the same time. You may recognize Imogen from The O.C, and a couple of other shows and movies, as her song "Hide and Seek" was quite the popular tune throughout the last few years. "Let Go" was also featured in Garden State, as well as a slew of other movies. Her music is recognized by many, but sadly, only loved and followed by few. Her unique style and approach to music is different from most artists today, and yes, her music CAN be an aquired taste, but it'll grow on you, I promise! Check out her most recent album, "Speak For Yourself", as well as her previous effort "I Megaphone." You might also recognize her vocal stylings from "Frou Frou", a group that consisted of Guy Sigsworth, doing the writing and producing, and Imogen, doing the singing. To conclude, I recommend checking out any of these records, and the hidden gems that are written on them, and I daresay you won't be dissapointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally introduced you to Imogen Heap. I feel so special now.

-Zach

Anonymous said...

YYYYYEAH!
she is my fave singer.

and she is just as good live! :D

wickedness.
good pick.

- chris.